Last updated: January 18, 2021
HOW DOES SOVEREIGN BOAT CLUB COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sovereign Boat Club collects and processes personal information for legitimate business purposes in order to, for example, process warranty information, communicate with existing customers about products and services, and/or address concerns related to purchased products or services. We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Browse our websites;
- When you are an SBC Member or sign-up for a mailing list.
- Submit a warranty claim through Sovereign Boat Club
- Report product/service issues and/or complete customer surveys.
- Provide account information or give us your contact information;
- Participate in surveys or contests;
- Provide information to authenticate your access through the sites, such as user name and/or passwords; and/or
- Correspond with us directly.
WHAT DOES SOVEREIGN BOAT CLUB COLLECT?
Sovereign Boat Club collects and processes customers’ personal information for legitimate business purposes. The types of personal information we collect and/or share depend on the product and/or service you have with us. This information may include:
- Your name and contact information;
- Your past purchase and transaction history.
- Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, financial account number, or other similar identifiers;
- Personal information, such as your age, date of birth, names of children, number of children, age or gender of children, telephone number, or your credit worthiness, assets income or liabilities, and protected classifications under California or federal law such as your race or religion;
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our website;
- Precise geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
We do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services when you use our Sites. However, we will treat a “do not track signal” transmitted from your web browser as a request to opt-out of the sale of your information to the extent that we are able to associate your browser with any other information about you.
WHY DOES SOVEREIGN BOAT CLUB COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In addition to instances in which you have consented to our use or processing of your information, Sovereign Boat Club may use your information in order to:
- fulfill a request you have made;
- comply with a legal obligation that applies to Sovereign Boat Club under all applicable law;
- ensure our Sites are functioning properly;
- manage everyday business needs, such as administration and improvement of the Sites or Sovereign Boat Club’s legitimate interests as a multinational manufacturer of marine products in order to, for example, protect our business and better understand our customers;
- analyze the Sites’ performance and functioning;
- analyze how you use the Sites and to perform other market research;
- provide and communicate with you about our products and services, including administering applicable warranties and recall notices;
- provide you with advertisements based on your interests;
- provide you with information about financial options for the purchase of our products, create internal analytics and reports; and
- combine with any of the information we collect from or about you and use it in the manner described above.
We retain personal information for legitimate business, legal or tax purposes only. If any of those purposes no longer apply, we will destroy, de-identify, aggregate or anonymize the information in accordance with our internal policies and protocols, and as allowed by applicable law.
WHO DOES SOVEREIGN BOAT CLUB SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
Sovereign Boat Club does not sell the information you provide us for a profit, however, the information is shared with third parties. Sovereign Boat Club shares your personal information internally and externally, including with:
- Internal Sovereign Boat Club departments that have responsibility for processing the data;
- Business partners who are bound by data protection agreements or similar privacy protections, such as dealers and distributors; and/or
- Third party processors who are bound by data processing agreements or similar privacy protections.
In addition, we may disclose information about you to third parties under the following circumstances:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal and/or unethical activity;
- If necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against Sovereign Boat Club, our affiliates, business partners, or authorized dealers;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To comply with any and all applicable laws; or
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features and functionality of the Sites.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you and Sovereign Boat Club from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. To that end, we maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide when visiting or using the Sites. However, no information system or program can be fully secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks, and you hereby understand and acknowledge the same and agree that you provide us with any personal information or other data at your own risk.
You are permitted, and hereby represent and warrant to Sovereign Boat Club, to only provide personal information to Sovereign Boat Club if such personal information is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship with you and only to the extent such disclosure will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation or infringe upon any individual’s data privacy rights or privileges. If you provide Sovereign Boat Club with any personal information about a third party, you hereby expressly represent to Sovereign Boat Club that, in addition to the preceding representations and warranties, you have the full right and authority, and consent if necessary, to provide the personal information about the third party to Sovereign Boat Club.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information to third parties for a profit; however, the information is shared as described in this Policy. Should you wish to opt-out of this exchange, or not be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here and complete an “Opt-Out Request”.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Sovereign Boat Club retains all personal information for the duration of the relevant business relationship or, where required, in accordance with its information management policies and schedules. When deleting personal information based on a request, Sovereign Boat Club will make reasonable attempts to ensure that all instances of the information are deleted in their entirety.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES & SOCIAL NETWORK ACCOUNTS
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from our Sites. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not part of this website, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of any of those websites.
Some of our Sites allow you sign into and associate your social network accounts including, but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest with Sovereign Boat Club.
If you would like to disconnect a social media account from Sovereign Boat Club, refer to the settings of that social media account and its provider.
Third parties, including advertisers, will collect information, potentially including personal information, about your activities over time and across different websites when you use the Sites. Those third parties provide Sovereign Boat Club with data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and analytical information, and assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements.
Many third-party advertisers and some web browsers and mobile devices allow you to opt out of third-party advertising. Information and resources to opt out of interest-based advertising are available from the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of tracking and receiving targeted advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices. Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while visiting the Sites and elsewhere online.